Who, What, Which, This, That, and The Other
photo by FILMMAGIC/ Getty Images
We are officially less than 50 days away from the farm, and my heart can barely take the excitement of hitting Roo for the very first time. I have my festival closet packed like a doomsday preparer. Always ready to drop everything and go to the next fest, so I’m set. And now with the schedule just released, it’s time to start thinking about a game plan.
I broke it down stage-by-stage to highlight some of the performances I am most excited to see at Bonnaroo.
- Dreamers: Rock trio consisting of Nick Wold, Marc Nelson, and Jacob Lee Wick
- Colin Macleod: No, not the geneticist, the singer-songwriter.
- Paramore: One of the few bands from that “emo” phase that stuck with everyone. Love me some Hayley Williams.
- LANY: We’re just going to pretend like Paul Jason Klein did not chop his hair off.
- Eminem: Because who doesn’t want to see the Real Slim Shady?
- Dua Lipa: As my roommate would say… A QWEEEEEEEEEN.
- The Killers: Tears will absolutely be shed during this performance.
- Bassnectar: His intro at Okeechobee melted my face.
- Billie Eilish: I had seen her all over Instagram before I ever heard her music and definitely expected a hip hop genre. Way off. She’s so young, so pretty, and so damn talented. I love it.
- Bon Iver (x2): You’re a verified hipster once you’ve seen Bon Iver… especially twice in one night.
- alt-J: Ricecakes.
…if you didn’t catch that reference:
- Daniel Caesar: He deserves this category all to himself.
- Kali Uchis: The queen of being featured on absolute bops.
- Sylvan Esso: Yet another beautiful hipster anthem.
- Shiba San: I will be shuffling my lil booty off.
- Snakehips: This song + Being surrounded by your best friends late at night = Heaven.
- The Glitch Mob: Drive It Like You Stole It was legit the first song I ever downloaded on my iPod touch. No lie.
- Big Wild: One of my absolute personal favorites. That hair….
- Alison Wonderland: You’re welcome, Connor.
All jokes aside, these artists are all extremely talented, and I’m really looking forward to seeing their performances (some for the very first time). I highly suggest checking out a few of them at Bonnaroo. 47 days people… 47 DAYS!